Friday, September 15, 2006

FE's Dance Party, 09-15

After shaking my self silly, getting back on a semi-even keel and finding myself once again into the breach that is Wytheville, please allow me to put up a few off-the-wall tunes for the evening . . .

Been looking for the original video of this - nothing like good pop music (as contradictory as that phrase sounds) along with some sense of humor about dadaism.

Pop quiz: Is Jools Holland playing Rene Magritte or Jean Arp?

Not sure which is funnier - Joel Veitch's mash with this tune and Red Army kittens, or Laibach's own Slovenian industrial deconstruction.


Patently nonsensical, self-indulgent and with a good beat, but I laughed long and hard when Beavis and Butthead added their commentary to this little ditty . . .

8 Comments:

Blogger Miz BoheMia said...

I just read the post below... I too think you did the right thing and I have a brother who died in a car accident 19 years ago... crap it hurts to write down "19 years ago"...

A truck was coming too fast on a curve and he slammed on the breaks, they locked and the car fell off an incline/cliff deal...

Awareness does need to be raised and the recklessness of drivers as well as myriad other ridiculous and teeny things that lead to the death of innocent people needs a spotlight focused on them... yes, you did the right thing... take it from one who has lost someone in a car wreck.

As for the party? Ooooweeee! Dance the dance electric FO SHO! FO SHO!

2:30 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Shouldn't you be in bed? Come to think of it, shouldn't I be in bed? It's 2:44 a.m. and I'm 100 miles from home and sending pages to plate.

2:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you're sober. There's your problem right there.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

I watched that whole video waiting for Beavis and Butthead, and they aren't there! You also neglected to post a link to the Red Army Kittens.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Miss C: That's because I've been waiting 12-plus years to find this video without them, natch ;^D>

Rain: Sobriety may be the root of a lot of my problems in this job. I keep lobbying for medicinal brandy, but to no avail . . .

11:42 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Miss C - Veitch is now linked in the caption. My bad.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep a rattlesnake around the office. Worked for WC Fields, it will work for you.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Metro said...

Thanks for the TPOH vid--I haven't seen anything from them since they re-released the original "I'm an Adult Now".

That was so long ago that I wasn't, in some jurisdictions.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home