Saturday, July 01, 2006

Nothing like waking up on the scramble alert . . .

I's sitting up at 5:25 a.m. on a Saturday, muttering evil things about my son's inheritance because he left his cell phone alarm set, armed and on - three deadly sins when one's father has worked 60 plus hours and looked forward to his first 8-hour sleep pattern in who knows when.

After determining through squinty eyes that the smoke alarms weren't making the noise and that the house wasn't ablaze, I found the offending little piece of technology and thought I'd shut it off.

Nope. Five minutes later and I thought I was supposed to be hopping in the cockpit of the alert five fighter and lifting off from Greenland to kill Soviet bombers. Finally shut it off, though.

Luckily for him, he slept through it all. If I'm going to kill a family member, I'd much prefer to do it while they're awake and have a fighting chance of defending themselves . . . . at least until now.

Note to son, if he finds this note among my archives - turn off the cell alarm when you return from your next band trip. The life you save could be your own.

10 Comments:

Blogger Miss Cellania said...

I can't laugh too loud, because I can see this in my future. My kids sleep like rocks. Hope you can take a nap later today!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel your pain. My teenage daughter sets her phone alarm for over an HOUR before she has to get up. It goes off conintually because she likes to know she has more time to sleep. It wakes ME of course.

Hope you get some sleep!

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sleep on a hair trigger. Everybody else here sleeps through everything, even the smoke alarm. I think I shall disconnect the thing as it's quite patently useless.

4:50 AM  
Blogger tom909 said...

Oh come on Fronty, everyone knows sleep is for wimps! You should be glad he woke you up - it's another brand new day, hoorah!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Martha Craig said...

My father is always muttering about the inheritance. I know that I won't be getting anything until I'm about 90 anyway.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

But Tom, I was looking forward to getting woken by the neighbor's mowing boy at 5:45 a.m. instead.

And I'm 43, so bollocks to that brand new day stuff >B^D

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny. I, too, was looking forward to getting woken up by the neighbor's mowing boy at 5:45 as well. That slut!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Good to see you back - I was wondering why I had a construction-grade extension cord hanging out the side of my house.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home