Friday, June 09, 2006

Going on vacation

A temporary goodbye

On Monday, I’ll be dropping off the face of the earth for a week of not-so-fun-filled vacation (I’m driving the bus, so to speak).

Unless truly inspired or held hostage by a pack of militant possum exacting revenge for my displacement of some possum Sudetenland this past week, I may make only a few only a few scattered posts on others’ blogs (a relief to many of you, I’m sure).

Until then, if I don’t return . . .

Vicus: To keep our blithering idiot of a National Command Authority from doing something stupid and ruining my vacation plans, the countermand launch code is 6 – 00 – 23 – 18 and the password “Yes Dick may I please have another?”

Pam: Do like the Russians and strap a couple of 55-gallon drums on the back of that Explorer and rig a garden hose into the fuel system – how do you think they managed to invade Hungary and Czechoslovakia. That should get you to the Nevada state line

Cherry: You can have my ‘Avalon’ and ‘Bete Noire’ mp3 ‘shares’ as long as you find someone to permanently stun that stupid git son of Ferry’s.

Miss C: Channel me for the third funniest monkey joke. Hint - it involves the Republican National Committee, Tom DeLay, Grover Norquist and mutual self-gratification in the round.

Tom: I was never any competition for you, and never pretended to be. They’re all yours.

Carmentza: Did you ever hear the one about the FSU football fan, the UT fan and the free Gulf coast day cruise?

Richard: Your old man is tops in my book

Martha: Three cheers for the Queen – Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Anna: I left a poetry book under the parlor chair. Hope you don’t mind “The Ballad of Dan McGrew.”

And to everyone else, a little advice: smug self assurance and ability beat high yet unskilled self esteem any day of the week.

Otherwise, see you after vacation!

10 Comments:

Blogger Carmenzta said...

Fronty, have a great time! We will miss you.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

You'll get over it - it's just like tear gas. Some mucus and coughing and all's well :B^D

11:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Fronty, don't go! Whatever will I do? Who will I stalk?

Hmm.

Have fun! ::smooch::

2:12 PM  
Blogger jromer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:55 PM  
Blogger jromer said...

have fun! and as for the book, nice try. everyone in the parlor who's had a gander at this thing agree the pictures in it ain't exactly poetic if you catch my drift!

2:55 PM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

You actually looked up Shacklady? Serves you right.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

or McGrew?

7:09 PM  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Thank you for taking the trouble to leave such explicit instructions in your absence.
You can sleep easily in the certainty that while you are away no possums will invade your blog.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

You should have seen the ops order left my reporters . . .

7:54 AM  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

Wow! Thanks. I'll borrow the vintage Blondie too if that's ok - take care - it won't be the same without you x

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home