Friday, June 09, 2006

Also, I've narrowed down my vacation reading

The Washington Post is both entertaining AND absorbent so that'll be morning reading.

I also chose Shacklady and Morgan's "the Spitfire" - Several hundred pages - some turgid and some enlightening - on one of the best looking and performing aircraft of WW II (with the exception of the Tempest/Sea Fury family, but that's probably a debate best left to Vicus and I). Besides, I actually had to look up the propeller diameter for a Spitfire 21 once and this book actually had it.

Finally, I've discovered an unpublished John Updike manuscript - "Possum Run"

4 Comments:

Blogger jromer said...

why did you have to know the diameter? what are you up to frontster?

2:53 PM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Actually, it was a model-making exercise. At least that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

You have me wrong, old pomegranate, the only wartime aircraft that I would be interested in was the one that got me away from the combat zone.
Love, peace and vegetable rights.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Point well taken

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home