Friday, June 02, 2006

Not sure if it's night terrors or the Dagwood syndrome . . .

but here I am at 0033 Friday, typing one-handed while eating an ice cream cup (sorry if the image wasn't what you were hoping to hang on me, but I have no plans to type one-handed for any reason other than food or drink).

Thanks to my wonderfully irregular working hours, a post-midnight wakeup is pretty routine for me. Maybe I'm regretting the unveiling of the self-threading catheter (another reason I'm headed to hell, probably).

Also a warning to those who dare read this blog - I'm the literary equivalent of a manic depressive and may switch into either sentimental or overly pensive musings. Not as bad as Robert Clive (one for Vicus here) who, having successfully exerted domination over India, woke up one morning to shave, looked in the mirror and slit his throat.

Unlike Clive, I'm not suicidal or a real manic depressive - I just have some slight mood swings and I've been happily manic for the last couple of days.

These ice-cream cups aren't bad at 0040. And I've got a pack of brats and a leftover baked potato in the fridge for lunch . . . . maybe I was a fat, unmotivated landser in another life given my susceptibility to bread, meat and beer.

9 Comments:

Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Mr Clive was very wise. I avoid paying too much attention to myself in the mirror. Simply for aesthetic reasons, nothing to do with the sub-continent. It does not pay to look too closely at yourself.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

C'mere both of you and I'll do all the close-up inspections for you.

Fronty (that always makes me laugh), your hours sound awful. However, your choice of snack sounds wonderful.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Somebody's up early in
Washington state.

That's why I had my straight razor taken away after I colonized my part of Virginia.

Do you use the credit-card method of shave checking? Or rubbing a kleenex on the cheek and seeing how much paper lint remains?

And at a bit past the witching hour, dry bread and water would be good >B^D

9:48 AM  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

Bread, meat, and beer. That just means you're a man.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Does appear that way, even if my waistline won't allow immediate confirmation.

Maybe I should have been slightly more specific - bread, sausages and beer - but then I'd be from Wisconsin . . . . I'll get back to you on that.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Carmenzta said...

I agree with Vicus that too much self-inspection is detrimental, especially as one ages. I have a question, though: Why is having normal ups and downs in one's moods considered manic/depressive or bi-polar? I just think it should be called "normal" since Life Itself has its ups and downs. It would seem to me to be abnormal for a person not to feel differently depending on the circumstances of life at different moments. I think it's a conspiracy of the drug companies to make us buy their weird-ass mood balancing drugs that have horrible side effects such as making guys have erections for four hours (ok, that's not so horrible, but it can't be good for you. People, wake up, all this is conditioning to make us preoccupied with stupid stuff and anesthesized so we don't even have time to wonder how in the hell we re-elected George W. Bush.
I guess I'm in a manic, conspiracy theory mood today. Sorry.

10:47 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Don't be sorry. That's just the well-reasoned paranoia we encourage here.

My mood swings are a tad bit more than ups and downs, but they're not qualified for a slug of lithium just yet.

Bi-polar is just another word for a******.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

The downs make the ups all the better. And also offer the perfect excuse to eat pizza. I just burnt mine reading your last few posts but I'm happy ( and hungry enough to eat it anyway) x

5:59 PM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Sorry I caused the pizza burn, but certainly glad I could entertain you. >B^D

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home