Thursday, June 01, 2006

A new development for the nursing-home industry

While I’m sitting here waiting for some sports writer from the corporate fleet (East India Company?) to make use of our drydock facilities, this is as good a time as any to mention an invention I've pondered for several years. Whether it’ll get patented or not is another matter.

Designed specifically for the factory-style nursing home, the self-threading catheter helps avoid all those messy accidents stemming either from poorly-inserted smooth-tube catheters or from the nursing staff being blissfully ignorant of the recipient’s cessation of clinical life signs.

It comes in left or right-handed threads, metric or English measurements, and sheet-metal or wood screw. I haven’t worked out the engineering aspects for slot, Phillips or hex head yet, but that should be a minor issue.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carmenzta said...

I vote for Phillips head.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Trying to suppress the obvious comeback to a post like that . . . .

10:24 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Carmetza,

I have to apologize. It was uncouth, immature and totally uncalled for, and I'm going straight to the tenth circle of hell. But it was funny.

Feel free to excoriate me or otherwise upbraid me for my total lack of manners.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home