Sunday, December 31, 2006

Almost time to call it a year.

It's 2118 local time here, and it looks like the year's about to wrap up with a minimum of muss and fuss.

It's already wrapped up for several tens of thousands of my fellow American citizens, all of whom I truly hope have some peace and safety in the new year.

For our illegally and improperly elected president, I hope 2007 brings him and his coterie of scumbag and pseudointellectual toadies a conscience. Not that it would be in time for the almost 3,000 men and women in arms who have died and countless family and friends who have suffered thanks to their collective and individual stupidity, hubris and arrogance, but maybe it could save hundreds or thousands of others.

For all of my friends and acquaintances - electronic and in person - I hope that humanity wakes up and takes a badly-needed break from the sheer idiocy, fanaticism, blatant materialism and lack of respect for one's fellow man, woman and child to see what is important in life.

I, for one, am incredibly thankful for having made it through this year with a new opportunity to make something of my life for my family and I. I'm also glad I decided to make the leap into blogging this year, since it has forced me to sharpen my thoughts, re-evaluate my beliefs and stand to be judged by you all. I hope I haven't been too lacking.

And finally, I found something small, insignificant and - for the last six and a half years - profoundly frustrating.

Yes, I finally found a copy of Astrud Gilberto singing a cover of 'Beginnings' by Chicago. I'd heard it while on a bender in a pub in Richmond in Fedruary, 2000, and had not been able to find the record in the intervening years.

Beats trying to get a cost plus award contract to build unfinished schools and police stations in Iraq any day of the week.

Thank you for a year to remember, and all of you have a hopeful year to come.

12 Comments:

Blogger Kindness said...

Yes, Fronty, I hope the idiots on top get a clue and stop this nonsense sooner than later.

Cheers! I lift a glass to you and look forward to many more enlightening blog posts in 2007.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. Happy new year to all.

1:49 AM  
Blogger gautami tripathy said...

Hope we have a better year politically!

Wish you a Veery Happy New year.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Fronty1

2:20 AM  
Blogger Miss Cellania said...

Happy New Year, Fronty! Here’s my look back at 2006. Its a list of the lists that list lists!

Miss Cellania

2:39 AM  
Blogger jromer said...

thank you for being my friend. i hope you have a fabulous new year...
love
anna

4:09 AM  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

2007 is going to be HUGE, Mike.

Love you xxx

10:33 AM  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Even though I am not too keen on sincerity on blogs, that one wins my award for the best new year message.
Although I notice you are 111 years ahead of the rest of us. Seems as if things haven't changed much.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Yes Vicus, and a warning from the future - Ken Dodd was the first person cryogenically preserved for future survival, and he now serves in a dual capacity as Home Secretary and patron to the Globe Theater. If you have any sense of duty to posterity, kill him now while you still have time . . . . .

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HNY, FFE.

4:48 PM  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

All the best to you and your family for 2007, Fronty.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Metro said...

A little late and nothing to say that no-one hasn't already said.

Might as well start as I intend to continue, eh?

Happy New Year, fFE.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home