Sunday, March 26, 2006

I've decided on my next pet . . .

When, of course, I decide to take on the care and feeding of another animal.

I saw this article in one of my competitors' newspapers and pulled out the comp paper they send us.

The turkey buzzard, if their article reads correctly, is basically a big, friendly, winged mutt that just happens to live on carrion. Apparently it doesn't kill live prey but hangs around with these black vultures that do.

And turkey buzzards also have a digestive system that kills all bacteria - ergo, they're pretty clean birds.

If I had one, all I'd have to do is take it to work and stop at the nearest convenient road kill. I did a little research on the web to check out this story, and turkey buzzards seem to be capable of adopting humans and of being pretty sociable animals.

Besides, I kind of like the image of having a red-headed, harmless harbinger of death on my shoulder. Beats training a parrot to talk. Beau----tiful plumage!


"Polly wanna possum?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want one. It would scare the crap out of the kids who kick footballs around my car.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

You might be disappointed. I read that a group of them was observed once knocking about a soccer ball in a back yard.

If they ever learn to comprehend rugby . . .

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home