Friday, August 04, 2006

Frontier Editor's Dance Party - August 4, 2006

Richard's words are best deferred to tonight:

"The reason Rory Gallagher is by turns spoken of in terms of hushed reverence or sadly not even known of is because he never glorified drugs; never caused a drive-by shooting; never spawned a clothing fashion any more offensive than a plaid shirt and plimsols; never attacked anyone at an airport and I only once ever heard him swear (and even that was debatable). He gave out nothing more or less than pure enjoyment. You didn't go to a Rory show to make a political statement or to navel gaze; you went to tap your feet and clap your hands. And anyone who thinks he was Liam and Noel's dad deserves a contemptuous slap."

Without further ado, Rory Gallagher.








And to round off tonight's show, a smattering of British pop from across the decades:







Next week: Something odd, I'm sure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Flora Pang said...

Youtube rocks, they make posting videos so easy and convenient.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Divian said...

I love music...all types. The music I listen to depends on my mood at the time.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you don't think I was ignoring you, I wasn't here when you posted those and I'm just playing catch-up. Nice choices.

Can't quite imagine Keith Relf instead of Percy Plant though.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home