Saturday, May 06, 2006

Time to be a little less intense

Now that I’ve calmed down a bit, let’s wind Saturday down with a classic bar joke . . .

A guy walks into a bar with an octopus under his arm. He steps up on the stage in front of the band and yells, “I’ll bet anyone 50 bucks that my octopus can play any musical instrument in the joint!”

The band leader says, “I’ll betcher octopus can’t play this Fender Stratocaster!” The octopus grabs it and plays a full set of BB King, Clapton and Yardbirds and brings the house down.

The bandleader forks over $50 and skulks away. Another band member challenges the octopus to play the trumpet, and it starts playing Herb Alpert as the trumpeter throws down a Franklin in disgust.

Finally, a crazy old Scot steps out of the bar crowd and says “Ah’ll wager yer eight-legged pal canna blow the pipes!”

The octopus takes the bagpipes and starts fumbling with them in a confused manner.

“So yer squidly laddie can’t play the bagpipes, eh?” the Scot said smugly.

“Play?” the octopus shot back. “I’m putting the moves on her as soon as I get her pajamas off!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home